Monday, March 31, 2008

Mike Vincec wins Skip Barber Southern Region finale at Sebring

SEBRING, FL - Mike Vincec backed up his win in the Skip Barber Southern Region Championship at Las Vegas a few weeks ago with a spectacular win in the series finale at Sebring this weekend.

"I started ninth because of the problems on Saturday," Vincec said. "I didn't make a great start, but I slowly picked off the drivers ahead of me. I knew I just had to be patient and make smart passes."

That is exactly what Vincec did, and he took home his second win in the last three races. The weekend started out on a solid note for Vincec as he took the pole for the penultimate round the first of two races on the weekend.

"Getting the pole was great," Vincec said. "But in the race, my car was not that good. I was able to stay in the top four or five, but I got hit from behind on the last lap."

Vincec was able to cross the line ninth, and that set up the dramatic drive to the front on Sunday.

"I have learned so much this year about formula car racing," Vincec said. "It's great that Sunoco, and Ron Fellows gave me this opportunity, and I have to thank them for that."

Ron Fellows was also happy with Vincec's performance for Sunoco Team Ultra 94. "I'm very pleased to see the progress Mike has made," Fellows said. "As we often see, when you get your first win, your confidence builds, and your next win comes much easier. Mike has done extremely well in the ultra competitive Skip Barber series, and everyone with Sunoco and Team Ultra 94 are very proud of his efforts."

The final points standings will be released later in the week.

From the Russ Bond Agency

No comments:

Post a Comment