Friday, January 4, 2008

Inside Track Friday Notebook: January 4, 2007

Brighton Speedway is gearing up for its annual Winterfest. The first day of action takes place Saturday, January 26. Click here for a listing of events....

An Indian automaker appears poised to purchase the legendary Jaguar and Land Rover brands from struggling Ford Motor Co....

Safety and terror concerns have caused organizers to cancel the 30th edition of the world famous Dakar Rally...

Last night, at the age of 102, longtime Toronto Star sports reporter Milt Dunnell passed away. There's a nice tribute to him, written by his son, here. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Dunnell on the shuttle ride from the King St. Holiday Inn down to the CNE grounds during a Toronto Molson Indy weekend in the early '90s. He was extremely friendly and I remember we chatted about some of the races, including Jacques Villeneuve's Toyota Atlantic appearance. I'll never forget at the end of the ride when we stepped off the bus and he introduced me to Brian Williams (then of the CBC). "Brian, do you know my friend Greg MacPherson?" I almost fell over. I never had the pleasure of speaking with Mr. Dunnell again, but I'll never forget my chance meeting with this legend of Canadian sports journalism...

The January edition of the Sports Car Club of BC 'Pit Pass' newsletter is located here.

No comments:

Post a Comment