Thursday, February 21, 2008

Canadian Maxime Pelletier to join F3 Euroseries

MONTREAL, QC - Maxime Pelletier will tackle a new challenge in 2008 as he is about to enter one of the most competitive racing series in the world, the F3 Euroseries with HBR, the team he raced with in Formula BMW USA last year and BMW World Final in Valencia. For the 17-year old driver who hails out of Montreal, Quebec, this opens a new era in his career where he will have to fight with a very competitive grid on race facilities where the DTM series is the feature event. He is in the process of nursing some details about his contract with HBR and will attend the test sessions coming shortly in March at Valencia and Estoril.
 
"I needed a change after two years in the Formula BMW USA, says the young man. I have the impression I lost my rookie scholar season with an uncompetitive team and moving to HBR after the first event last year finally put me in a quick machine. I wouldn't mind spending a third year in the new America series but I find the F3 more appealing and a tremendous learning curve for me. The F3 Euroseries has a lot of visibility, a high-profile grid and new race tracks for me to learn, except for Valencia."
 
An impressive calendar:
The F3 Euroseries championship travels to six European countries and 18 of the 20 races are linked with DTM championship events, the last being the Grand Prix de Pau in France. "This is a huge challenge for me, adds Pelletier. I will have to learn new race tracks and race with aggressive drivers who want to reach formula one. With the help of HBR, my rookie season will be very interesting. At this point, we still have to finalize the contract and I want everything to be set when I head for the test days in a few weeks instead of having to end my season for a lack of sponsorship."
 
Maxime Pelletier completed two seasons in Formula BMW USA with a 4th place overall with HBR motorsports team. Formula 3 Euroseries test days are set for Valencia and Estoril in the coming weeks.
 
From Michel Poirier-Defoy

No comments:

Post a Comment