Tuesday, February 12, 2008

DANICA PATRICK FEATURED IN SPORTS ILLUSTRATED SWIMSUIT ISSUE

INDIANAPOLIS, Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2008 - IndyCar Series superstar Danica Patrick graces the pages of Sports Illustrated's annual Swimsuit Issue, which hits newsstands this week. More than 69 million people are expected to read the special issue while more than 250 million people are expected to view photo galleries on the magazine's website.

"What an amazing honor to be asked to be in the SI Swimsuit issue," said Patrick, who will join other models and celebrities at a launch party Feb. 12 in New York City. "It's such an amazing publication and has such a following. I look at it and I like to see the pictures, and I'm a girl so I can't imagine how many people will see the issue."

A four-page spread features photos of Patrick that were shot at Singer Island, Fla. by photographer Ben Watts last fall following the IndyCar Series Open Test at Barber Motorsports Park. Additionally, a 44-photo gallery is available on Sports Illustrated's website.

"It was a lot of fun, actually," she said. "I expected it to be nerve-wracking. I've posed (for many photos) in clothes, but I'd never posed in a swimming suit. I didn't know if I'd know exactly what o do, but amazingly it all translated over. I was comfortable and we all had fun. We shot so much stuff in a relatively little amount of time. It was a day and half of a good time. We even were able to relax a little after the second day."

Not only did she spend time in front of the camera, Patrick is also featured in a full-page Q&A with Dan Patrick, who recently made his debut on the pages of SI as a senior writer and weekly columnist.

From Indy Racing League // (Note: A photo of Danica Patrick from this year's Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue is attached. Photographer: Ben Watts; Suit by: Aspara; Location: Singer Island, Fla.)

(EDITOR'S NOTE: Want to see more of this serious athlete in action? Click here to see her classy 'beaver' (I'm not kidding) commercial that was too hot for the Superbowl.)

No comments:

Post a Comment